Monday 4 July 2011

Monday

Staying with my parents-in-law for a few days... I feel spoilt rotten already!

Worship leading on Sunday went OK. I received some feedback about my voice being too soft (next time I'll try bellowing into the mic, haha) and I was a little abrupt in the beginning (gan jiong ma! - could hear Peky whisper, "Chill, chill..." next to me) - otherwise, my church people were mostly very encouraging. Praise God. Despite having dreaded Sunday morning, I must say that my whole week was amazing in terms of my walk with God. From asking God what songs should be sung on Sunday to transcribing chords and modulating the songs to emailing my team members to preparing my heart for the role in repentance to meditating on Scripture to praying with hubby, etc... it has been really long since I felt this close to God, so desperate for Him and so dependent on Him. To God be all glory! Worship leading takes my relationship with Him to a different dimension somehow. I wish I could explain better. Perhaps, doing it afraid was not a bad thing after all - if so, may I never lose this kind of contrition. On stage, I felt so extremely vulnerable and yet so blessed by my worship team members who had sacrificed their time to come for Saturday's rehearsal and were now doing their best to compliment one another vocally as well as instrumentally. Beautiful. (Here I would gleefully quote John C. Maxwell, "Teamwork makes the dream work!")

To those of you who have been praying for me and challenging me to step out of my comfort zone - a HUMONGOUS thank you - and I greatly covet your prayers for this Sunday's worship leading again! :) I had the best sleep last night too. Haha.

Yesterday afternoon, I was so tired emotionally (from all the stress, haha) that I left Ben hiking with Matt, AC and SC, and went window-shopping myself at Queensbay. Had my roasted milk tea from Cha Time too. Felt good. Will resume my fitness-regime hopefully by this week.

1 comment:

mozozozo said...

proud of you =) Praise God. and uh..didn't know you liked Cha Time >.< the shops have been mushrooming here too