Tuesday 6 September 2011

Monday

Picked up speed with my assignments... and praise the Lord - I finished reading David Pawson's "Come with me through MARK" today. Very thankful that Pst. Mah included this reading among my many assignments. Gonna type the book report tomorrow.

I would say this to every Christian: this book is a fantabulous read, especially if you yearn to appreciate the Gospel of Mark (as well as other Gospels) more and understand the mysterious things Jesus did. The chapters are short, yet precise and you are always left wanting more. Sentences are pretty simple too. (Also, it helped that the author was humorous and down to earth!) The final few chapters had me on the edge of my seat whilst reading about Jesus' betrayal, trial and execution. I am glad that the book did not emphasize too much on the gory details like the movie, "Passion of Christ" did - and yet it seemed to touch me deeper. David Pawson does have a gift with words indeed. I've not read such a compelling book in ages. Understanding the Gospel more, I now love it with an even greater passion.

Gotta go plug myself into God now... Tomorrow's going to be another day of thinking, juicing my brain, typing, cooking, etc. Good night world!

No comments: