Friday 10 August 2012

"Let ALL Things Now Living" - music and a short unrelated story


A beautiful hymn to meditate on this Friday ~ one that reminds me of my first stint in the Trinity Choir....

...and incidentally, how I got closer to Ben, who had been in the church choir long before I came on board. This hymn was to be sung in our 2008 Easter services. I can't remember what made me join the choir that year - but I did. I don't think that I joined because I thought that Ben was cute, haha - but he was (and still is) quite attractive, really. I remember him sidling up to my piano during one of the breaks (I was the accompanying pianist for Easter's performance) and encouraging me on my playing. I remember catching him secretly glancing at me throughout our practices (from the corners of my eyes - which means I was secretly checking him out too). I remember how I woke up too late on Easter morning to catch a ride with Lucas and Esther to church - and I ended up calling Ben very sheepishly to ask him if he could give me a ride to church! And I am so glad he did - otherwise the choir wouldn't have an accompanying pianist that Easter.

I don't think he liked me yet at that time (so it's not as romantic as you imagine!) - and I never imagined that I would be with him - but perhaps he saw through my nerdy, geeky, serious, quiet, round self - and something beneath the blanket of my unattractive superficial got him curious and intrigued. I hope that it was my heart and character strengths, ehem - but knowing Ben, it could have been something more creative, weird and random as well. For example - my awkward mannerisms and the unintentionally-funny things that I say sometimes. LOL. (I am thankful for those who love me despite my quirks.)

I'll admit that while I love singing in the choir (regrettably I don't do it now), that first stint in the Trinity Choir was made very memorable by Mr. Ben Wong. My to-be-hubby at that time.

Haha... anyway, story aside... do enjoy the beautiful hymn and have a blessed Friday, people! :)

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I was giggling as I read your post. So scweeetttt hor? LOL

Grace Melody said...

Hahaha... u don't only read story la. Must listen to hymn also :P