Monday 5 November 2012

After a weekend of rich food :S *eeerrrkkk*

...I will be so, so happy to return to simple fare from tomorrow onwards. 

Went for Wei Chong and Bee Chin's long delayed wedding dinner on Saturday... Why "long delayed"? Well, we were doing our pre-wedding photoshoots together in Taiwan ~ early 2011. Now, it's the end of 2012.



The wedding dinner was held at the 1881 Chong Tian Boutique Hotel... in Jalan Pintal Tali (off Chulia street). We did get lost looking for the place. Nevertheless, we prayerfully found it. By God's grace.
 

Some of Ben's ex-colleagues at our table

This is the second wedding (8-course) dinner I have attended in the past fortnight. 


The food at 1881? Quite good. My favourite dish was the seafood fried meehoon. I usually don't eat fried meehoon ~ but this time, it was so phenomenal that I had 2 bowls of it. So there.

Went for dinner with my CG mates at Delicious Straits Quay this evening. We stayed till the place was about to shut-down for the night - because Mellisa's IPad Monopoly got some of us hooked... Furthermore, a mean "tycoon" kept building new houses and hotels on his "lands"... and getting everybody who landed on them into debt. The rest (sans the "tycoon") played on rather determinedly until they all went bankrupt. My poor hubby turned to me halfway through the game and whispered a little desperately, "What do you think I can do to get more money?"

Haha. Oh well. 





From left to right: Sam, Ben, me, Shearn, Mell and Sau Chan

Have a good week ahead, people.

No comments: