Thursday 3 January 2013

Wednesday 2.1.13

Quite a delightful day I had. 

Wednesday has got to be one of my favourite days of the week ~ because Rachel and I usually meet up on Wednesdays (on the weeks we are able to meet/when I don't have classes in the morning) for lunch. Wednesday also happens to be right smack in the middle of the week ~ so once Wednesday is over, I can look forward to the weekend. 

I like Wednesdays. I like sitting in Rachel's rose-scented car. (She likes driving me to places where I'd never go on my own - especially the Georgetown Heritage Site area. And she finds a lot of joy and fulfillment in introducing me to newfound eateries.) I greatly enjoy our conversations, even though we often whine to one another about the knots and tangles in our lives. I just don't look forward to the part where Rach and I fight to pay the bill at the end of our meals though ~ because I'd lose most of the time. She wins hands down. She is that feisty when it comes to bills. Aih...

Today, we lunched at Old Street Taiwanese Delicacies (on Jalan Krian, 8 Row). We didn't order that much ~ so I'll be definitely back someday to try the stuff I have yet to try.




Me and Rachel ~ 2.1.2013

The Borders Bookshop in Straits Quay is having a cheap sale for books ~ and many books are going at just RM3. This beats the One pound buys I got from 2nd hand shops back in the UK! Since I love good deals (found many good reads too), my bookshelf would have to welcome the 9 newbies I got for RM3 each. Oolala! The endorphins I got from book-shopping were surely part of the reason I was so inspired to study this afternoon. And study I did.

Work resumed today... and so, after my Christmas break, it's back to my daily trips to Prima Tanjung, little children and tiny hands on the piano keyboard. I hope to be a better teacher this year ~ may God's Holy Spirit be my guide. My 6-year-old student, S, confessed that she had not practiced for a whole week, because her cousin came to stay. (She brought her cousin to class too ~ a pretty little 7-year-old who was eager to show me that she could also play the piano!) I am always glad (and proud of them) when my students make confessions like that - even when it means that my work would be a little more tedious for that day. I would rather that they tell the truth... than give me good but false impressions. I appreciate their honesty. Of course, if a student habitually doesn't practice, I would have to speak to her mother.

No comments: