Wednesday 17 July 2013

Toward graduation

Worked one whole day on a paper - and I can tell you that I am still pretty stuck. The words and ideas still don't flow too well. 

I am in dire need of inspiration. 

Well, I guess this also means... more opportunities to pray and savour God's glory. *Sign of peace*

Amidst my stress over the paper, I had to check if I would be able to graduate in November. Counted credits, broke into a sweat and wrote to my academic dean. Well, it looks like I might just make it this year, if God wills... and if nothing comes up to hinder me from working very hard in the 3rd term. Indeed, I'm saying hello to a term of crazy.

Come to think of it, I am not as excited about my graduation as I should be.

At the back of my mind sit a hundred and one things. The thoughts that bother me the most centre around: (1) How I am to get all my assignments completed by November; (2) My graduand sermon; (3) How I am to juggle my studies with teaching music and ministry commitments in the 3rd term; and (4) Why on earth do I torment myself so much with worrying?

It is a constant struggle in my head. Graduation is a stressful life event for me.

With regards to the graduand sermon... the title of the sermon is supposed to be "Mould me to be spiritually mature" and the preacher is to base the sermon on any chosen Bible character. After a weekend of contemplation, I have finally chosen and submitted my Bible character to the academic office this evening. I hope that I have not chosen one that is too hard to preach on.

No comments: