Wednesday 28 August 2013

Two's Day

Two matters that really made my day ~

1. Singapore-bound

After my friends' consistent persuasions, I've finally booked myself a return flight to Singapore in November (after I graduate). 

A glorious, wonderful week awaits. I can hardly wait to catch up with friends, revisit nolstalgic places and retreat. I am so grateful for my gracious hosts. If not for their hospitality, my trips to Singapore would cost me twice as much...  if not more.

Well then, this might really be the last trip I make to Singapore in a long while, considering my new and upcoming commitments. *Bittersweet* May it be a pleasant and memorable trip for all.    

I've really got to thank my hubby for providing for those tickets and letting me off for that whole week. 

Also, thank You, God, for great Jetstar airlines' promotions!  

2. Feedback on sermon draft

The first draft of my sermon on Judas Iscariot has returned from its evaluation (by Dr. L) unscathed. So much for my nerves and sleepless night. Haha! :P I am very thankful that at least two people (Dr. L and Zoey) find it ok so far.

I guess I won't be doing any other versions of the sermon after all. I'll just work on brewing, sharpening and clarifying draft #1. I am also praying that God's message will be preached clearly and that I would be a faithful steward of His Word. 20 minutes and my sermon will end. Let it be a good 20 minutes then. Also, let me be as cool as a cucumber and yet, as warm as a fire in winter. No jelly-knees, tremors or stage-fright please! 

Sheesh, every preach seems to be my first. I wonder if I will ever grow out of this condition. It makes life complicated.

Please do pray with me. 

Thought I'd share a beautiful piece by Arvo Pärt as my way of saying good night ~ Spiegel im Spiegel (German for "mirrors in the mirror"). Enjoy!
 

No comments: