Thursday 22 January 2015

I miss her


I stumbled upon her student ID card while clearing out my wallet yesterday.

According to a friend of mine, she is still around somewhere, in a new season of experiences. I would like to suggest that she has metamorphosed into something/someone I never thought she would. For the better, I suppose. Don't fuss. She is not dead. (Or is she?) She just... faded away. The last I heard of her... she's moved on.

But of course, I miss her. She was younger than I am; more unaffected and free-spirited; inexperienced but bold. While I should rejoice that the new has come and the old has gone, it is difficult to imagine where I would be today if not for her. The lessons she learned, the experiments she did, her failures, the God-given gifts she left me, and her diligence to write to me constant reminders to remember all serve to strengthen me in my current endeavours. She believed in life - and she believed in God. Her prayers, I laughed at them - but their outcome defied my cynical presuppositions. God heard. And He did the most marvelous things. She struggled fiercely with her shortcomings and she struggled to follow Christ; but it was so that I can struggle with more faith and assurance today. The assurance that God would never leave nor forsake me - because He never left nor forsook her, and was so perfectly merciful and gracious to her.

Because she was, I am. And because I am, she would be.


No comments: