Tuesday 26 April 2016

Kissing Mummy

We've always had to beg request for kisses from Sophie. They have been that expensive.

While her daddy persevered, I stopped requesting. No more "Sophie, kiss mummy, will you?" I just... didn't want her to feel obliged to do things like that. Affection has to be given freely and by one's own initiative - otherwise, it isn't really affection. The giver just feels... pressured, I think.

Anyway, two days ago, I was sitting next to Sophie in the car.

"Mee mee," she said.

I thought she wanted us to hold hands, so I extended my own. She shook her head, motioning me to come closer.

Mystified, I obeyed. It was a little scary, because I didn't know what to expect. Who knows, she might clobber me on the head with something.

Sophie reached out, pulled my face close, and gave me a tender kiss.

Whoa, what was that? It felt like a dream. My heart was bursting with happiness deep down inside. I could have danced on the spot but I didn't want to make too big a deal out of it, just in case I embarrassed her.

"Sweet..." I said. We grinned at each other. Awww...

Today, she did it again.

Such a sweetheart. Do it every day if you like. I'm savouring your kisses.

I thank God for such grace and loving kindness to me. To be kissed so affectionately by the very baby you bore in your womb and fed at your bosom must be one of the greatest gifts in the world!

No comments: