Thursday 9 June 2016

A day of mess ups

Sophie came down with the 2nd flu bout in a month - running nose, cough, fevers, and all. Check.

She threw up on my trousers just before I left for work this morning because she was crying and coughing at the same time. Crying because I had to put her down. Check.

Because I spent some of my morning teaching, I didn't go to the gym. Whenever I don't exercise, I feel sleepier than usual throughout the day. I am actually falling asleep in a cafe while typing this. And I was supposed to be working. Check.

You know how one thing leads to another. Sleepy and disorientated, I ordered the wrong coffee in the afternoon. I knew that something was amiss when I told the barista "Caffe latte" instead of my usual iced Americano. (I used to order caffe latte when I was breastfeeding - and that was more than a year ago!) I forgot to request for soy in my latte so it came with full cream milk. I don't drink full cream milk because I am still a little lactose intolerant. And now I'll have a big cup to down. Check.

Something in my right hand hurts and I have no idea what. Check.

Check. Check. Check.

But I thank God... for peace... because He has not left me uncared for. I see His hand in the help that I receive at home with Sophie. I see it in the encouragement of my mentors. I see it in the kindness of my colleagues. I see it in the love of a friend who cared to ask about my hand this morning. I see it in my daughter's yearning for connection with me and her perseverance to make mummy laugh at her antics. These... and so much more.

No comments: