Wednesday 7 December 2011

After ironing a truckload of clothes...

...I'm feeling victorious...

In real life, nobody looks so pretty while ironing. A perspiring, red-faced and disgruntled person wrestling with stubborn creases would be more realistic.  Picture source
...and boy, aren't my knees aching bad.

Anyway, so that my ironing was a little more "spiritual" than usual (hehe), hubs and I were listening to 2 devotional programs on an online Christian Radio - one after another - while I ploughed away at the mountain of clothes.  I must say that listening to God's Word while doing housework really pumps joy into the chores. The Word we received tonight was pretty relevant to our circumstances too.

For me, "No Shortcuts" was seriously good encouragement. Most of you are wondering what I will be up to after my graduation last month. Yes, I've indeed obtained my MA in Christian Studies... but through a divine twist of events, God has led me to spend two more years at the seminary, working on my MA in Divinity. Yups...and so it's more masters assignments/papers to come! *Faints dramatically* I have been feeling rather depressed about this so far *sob, sob* (even with all the confirmations; plus my cousin-sister even prayed and received a word from God that 5 years in the seminary isn't too long *sweat*...and that I am to continue waiting, praying and doing what I am supposed to be doing) ~ but "No Shortcuts" brought home the fact to me that there should be no shortcuts at all in responding to God's call... otherwise, we will miss out on the essential processes that were meant to shape our characters and sharpen our "axes" for God's mission for our lives. Instead of dwelling on the frustration of being "stuck" too long in one place, let me let go of my nomadic instincts, look on the bright side and be thankful that I would have had a very balanced tertiary education, haha - 5 years in medical school and 5 years in the theological seminary, with 9 months of church work experience in between. At least, my twenties would have been well-spent on equipping myself mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually for God's work - whatever and wherever it may be. Last but not least, the icing on my cake? I have the most supportive hubby in the world - at least to me! XD


I hope to do some part-time work and go on mission/ministry trips while I study though... will definitely keep you updated in my later blog-posts.

Fitness project is resuming tomorrow after 2-3 weeks of break. *Tsk tsk* Looking forward to pumping iron and spending time on my pretty, pink stationery bike again. Haaah!

Good night, world!

No comments: