Thursday 1 November 2012

What's your source of comfort?

I am amazed by how God's Word helps me. 

Recently, I feel like I get depressed much less because I am trying to turn to God's Word as the primary source of comfort (whenever I am down/insecure/angry) rather than just people, favourite things, hobbies, eating, etc, etc. 

Having said that, I didn't mean that I don't share my heart with a trusted friend, watch movies, go shopping, listen to music and etc. In those dreadful moments, I still do ~ these things help to a certain extent. They give me some sort of good cave to retire to without falling back on my ED behaviors like I used to ~ but without God and His Word in the picture, these things can only do so much. I would be back to feeling all empty, sappy and sad at the end of the day.

Today, I was again helped by God's Word. 

Read part of James 4. Even though it was a rebuke, it still came with the sweetest comfort in the end. James 4:10: "Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you."

Keep being teachable, keep humble, keep loving, keep forgiving, keeping waiting on the Lord, keep trusting the Lord... I know I can, because God has made it possible, through Christ. By His Spirit.

No comments: