Wednesday 23 January 2013

Jesus: Grace, I love you...

I have been very busy.

What with my ministerial duties, daily work, studies, classes and deadlines which are coming up fast and furious... I haven't had much time to myself ~ let alone to blog!

I am exhausted. Sleep-deprived too. Even as I type this, my eyelids are drooping (and the night is still young). But life must go on.

In the midst of all the urgent calls and time-occupiers, I have been feeling rather down lately. Inadequate. Inferior. Intimidated. Etc. And once in a while, I would feel as if God had abandoned me and transferred His favour/blessings upon me to other people. It is a most dreadful kind of emotion. I would say take my word for it... but have no strength right now to elaborate the emotion in words ~ pardon the pun. 


Joined Vanessa and Jo at the library this afternoon (to work on my research paper). While I was absorbed in my work, Vanessa suddenly looked up and said, "Grace... I don't know why ~ but I felt that Jesus wants me to tell you that He loves you..." ~ and here, Jo piped up, grinning: "And we love you too!"

I laughed. But deep down inside, I knew that God was indeed passing me a love-note. A much needed love-note. I was affirmed.

Something else made me laugh today. Dr. TSL sent me an email regarding my assignments today ~ and the email began with, "Dear Melody....." I read her email while I was still at the library (after the aforementioned incident) and laughed because it felt really weird and awkward to be addressed by my middle-name alone. Since there was no other "Melody" in her class, I just hope that Dr. TSL would still figure out that "Melody" is also the "Grace" in her name-list and therefore give Grace her grade due!

1 comment:

weelyn said...

aww....hugs dear.
sending you lots of love, sis! Jesus loves you & i love you too :)