Thursday 24 January 2013

Melody

In my previous blog post, I did mention that a lecturer addressed me as "Melody" in an email she sent me this week.

I replied the email and signed myself off as "Grace".

Today, she responded with yet another email that began with, "Melody...." ~  It made me laugh again. It feels very weird, honestly. I half want to shout, "That's not my name!" ~ However, being called "Melody" also fills me with unexpected peace. (Nevertheless friends, please stick with "Grace". I will only allow Dr. TSL to call me "Melody" for now, haha.)

I am beginning to wonder if God is using this strange "encounter" to get my attention. A little twist from Samuel's call and definitely out of context (cf. 1 Samuel 3) ~ but if she calls me Melody again, should I say, "Speak, Lord... for your servant is listening"?

No comments: