Tuesday 21 February 2017

"Are you happy now?"

Thanks to my busy schedule on my side of the island, I've had no choice but to stop teaching on the other side.

A particular 11-year-old (well, the only one actually) was very sad about losing her piano teacher, and despite my efforts to find her a suitable replacement, wouldn't give up hoping that I would change my mind. Her dad even asked if he could send her to my side of the island - on which I wasn't too keen because my home piano isn't a very good one to teach on. In the end, impressed by her persistence and encouraged by her enthusiasm, I decided to go the extra mile (literally) just for her. 

When I appeared at her doorstep this afternoon, she leapt up in glee. Later, her mom asked, "So... are you happy now?"

I was so blessed that she said yes. 

No comments: