Wednesday 15 February 2017

Toilet Training

My daughter is now day-toilet-trained.

I wasn't expecting her school to begin so soon. They said, maybe not the first week. But apparently, Sophie was ready from the start - and they began training her on her 3rd day in school. She got it pretty quick - and we were already using the public restroom at Mcdonald's the first evening. She was quite a pro at bladder control by day 2. And we are now diaper-free during the daytime! She doesn't use the potty, by the way. She sits on the toilet-bowl without a toddler toilet seat (swings herself up, much to my terror - I am so afraid that she will fall in), holding onto the sides with a grip that reminds me of a gymnast on the balance beam, and slides back down after she is done. Flushes the toilet and pulls up her underwear on her own. (Of course, someone will have to wipe for her.) The first time she did all these on her own, we didn't even know until she flushed and sauntered out from my bathroom announcing (in glee) that she just peed. She excels at doing both no. 1 and no. 2. I have no idea how we got here. Everything just happened in a flash.

It is amazing how independent she is now. And confident. I've got to thank the school for empowering her. We will try night-toilet-training as soon as she self-weans from her night bottle(s). (We have given up on weaning her ourselves...)

I thank God that we will be able to save money on daytime diapers and wet tissues from now onwards.

No comments: