Monday 22 August 2011

Fatty Loh Chicken Rice

The Fatty Loh Chicken Rice Stall in Tanjong Tokong was where Ben and I had our very first 'date' more than 3 years ago.

We weren't even interested in one another romantically at that time. It was a Saturday. I had just returned home from Penang GH, where Han and I had been praying for a patient in the Respiratory ward. I was bored. Ben (a guy I vaguely knew from church, whom I had gotten to know better - thanks to my housemate - Esther - and her boyfriend Lucas, who had invited him over to my house for dinner a month back) suddenly texted me, asking if I would like to go out for lunch.

"Sure!" I replied.

We obviously couldn't have guessed what this would lead to. Lunching with him on Saturdays became as much a habit as studying in the PMC library till 10pm and eating dinner with my guy friends every night. Our conversations were very engaging. He made me laugh. I made him cry. Months later, we became a little confused and prayed more fervently than ever. LOL! I remember writing this down in my God-journal:

Why Ben Wong? No way!!!

I will leave the rest of the story to be re-told another day. Anyway, today Ben and I decided to eat at this very historical place again - to relive some fond memories.

 
 Waiting for the food to arrive.

  I don't have pictures of us 3 years ago... but I assure you, we looked way different. :P Our church/mutual friends can testify! :D

No comments: