Monday 8 August 2011

In Singapore

I've been on a blogging hiatus... and it sure feels good.

I have had a good week behind me.  Our trip back to KL, plenty of fellowship time with my family members, our family trip up to Genting Highlands... our short "retreat" at Lydia Yong's abode in Kepong, etc. Time spent with Lydia (a dear friend and sister) was an excellent wrap-up to Ben's holidaying week - before he begins his new job today. So thank you very much for cooking, hosting us, speaking into our lives and ministering to us so beautifully, Lydia. We were so blessed! Such inspiring moments; such encounters with God. I strongly believe that when I return from Singapore I will be ready to begin my final and toughest load of assignments prior to graduation in November.

In the Land of the Merlion now; sitting in Ji's swiveling chair in her room... on the 40th floor of the block of apartments. Ewan, Laura, baby Hannah and Ji met me at the airport last night. It was an awesome "homecoming" indeed.

Dearly missing my hubby (who has been sick for a few days by now and worrying if he remembers to take his medicines) - but having a ball of a time just being still and alone with God while my friends are off to work and the whole world revolves around me. I've been also reading a book which Ji recommended for me to read - "Man's search for meaning" by Viktor E. Frankl - one of the survivors of the Nazi Holocaust... and so far, I've been spellbound by this brilliant book. The book makes me think - what I would do when the familiar goals in life and the freedom to attain them are forcefully removed...how I should choose my attitude, how I should put my hope in God and therefore live on, etc. It's a little depressing, yes - but nevertheless a good read for this moment in time - for me. May the Lord speak to me, even through this book.

I plan to spend more time reading the Word of God - as well as meeting up with my prayer partners/mentors. (Ji says that it's probably one of the last times we do crazy things together in Singapore before the baby arrives - haha. I don't think the baby will come so quickly... but then again, it's good to do crazy things while we still can.)

I won't be uploading photos so soon (coz I didn't bring my laptop) - so please bear with me, those of you, visual people :)

Celebrating Singapore's National Day tomorrow - although I'm not Singaporean, haha.

No comments: