Thursday 8 December 2011

Writer's block

I'm supposed to be writing out a testimony to be shared this Sunday evening... during my hubby's graduation from the Authentic Manhood course, part one. How did the course transform him? Where do I even start?

Picture source

Gotta admit that I have not been focusing well in the past week or so... I have not asked so many "What if" questions in a long while. On one hand, I feel so unsettled about all my worship-leading engagements, even though God has been helping me so much - that I can't wait for next weekend to be over. On the other hand, there are so many thoughts flooding the limited space in my brain that I am tired all the time when I am at home alone and am plagued with frequent headaches. Most of those thoughts have got something to do with the concerns of next year. (Yeah, shoot me somebody!) I think I really need to discipline myself to hold such thoughts captive to Jesus, do more fun things (like hitting the beach), eat healthier meals, stop isolating myself... and hang out with friends more often. Most importantly, spend more time with God. Perhaps Ben was right... I need a retreat and a new environment to be refreshed. I don't need new dresses, shoes, make-up and etc.... I just need to be alone with God in some place where His awesome creations of trees, flowers, sands and sea can be savored while I worship without any distractions. Perhaps after that, I'd be inspired to soak deeply in my passion again - to write.

No comments: