Monday 29 July 2013

In restrospect...

Some of the time-clips which happened to pass my mind's eye today....
(In no particular order)

1. Memorising essays for the SPM history exam - at 2am, on the morning of the paper. Mom suddenly padded into my room without a sound and exclaimed in Mandarin behind me, "Still not asleep? Sleep!" Scared me to bits, ma.

2. Studying for my first pharmacology test during the first semester of 1st med - in the living room of our Mercer Court flat - with Cynthia. Since I had no idea what to expect and I had a hard time understanding pharmacology in the beginning (it was a terribly foreign language), I failed the test. Blatant fail. Why? I guessed my way through the MCQs. Like eeny-meeny-miny-moe. Thank God, that He gave me understanding, and I eventually figured out how to study pharmacology before my first professional exams. Otherwise...

3. A-levels ~ Sunway-Monash's college/university library and its powerful, freeze-you-into-an-ice-block A/C. I don't know why we tortured ourselves daily by staying in there for hours on end. Sometimes, we were so frozen that our hands stiffened and writing became impossible. Dad was kind. He bought me a winter jacket and a pair of woolly gloves so that I could stay in there longer without killing myself. (I'm not kidding!) Anyway, I don't think that I can do now what I used to do. I am much less tolerant to uncomfortable working environments nowadays ~ a sure sign that I'm not getting any younger.

(I guess I'll stop talking about studying memories now, although there were many more.)

4. Past relationships ~ and why we broke up. Also, the kind of guys who were attracted to me (the nerd with a capital N) ~ and the sweet and astonishing things they did while they were interested. Haha. I was impressed. Always put me into a dilemma, they did. I wasn't interested back, but I despised any thought of hurting those brave knights.

5. Snippets of certain conversations that I've had with friends online. Brought me to wonder why I had them in the first place and why they carried on the way they did.

6. Dr. X asking me on Friday: "Are you not going back to medicine? What about your housemanship?" The question did affect me a little, but I surrendered it to God and it was well with my soul... Well, I've burned too many bridges by giving it up. I don't think that I'll be able to go back into clinical work now.

No comments: